Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

GB turns 1

Where has the time gone? I cant believe it has been a year already. It seems just like yesterday I was holding my very hefty 10lb second little boy in my arms. G is still very hefty yet the sweetest little thing imaginable. He brings a joy into my life I can not explain.
I think back to when I found out I was having him and the exspression on Blains face for finally getting his brother,makes me smile.
My little man realized today he was 1 and def. acted like it. He did a number of different things today... He first has found a new LOVE for his dad. Usually he is attached to my hip doing everything I do. Yet today he was glued to daddy. If daddy liked this he did, if dad wanted him to wear his party crown he did. It really is the natural cycle at our house. Around 1 I loose them to the "world" or dad either way im minced meat once weaned ;-)
Second he was very mouthy, during cake and ice cream he bossed May around until she got him more and while they were all playing he was the boss man, no if ands or butts.
It is really amazing to me to see not only G but all of the kiddos grow and become their own little people. It is truly a blessing!
I am a little broken hearted that we didnt have a big shin dig like I use to have at the old farm house. Lots of food and family and just all around great times :-(!
Ah the ups and downs of living a good 24 hours drive time from your family!
All around I think that G and the kids had a great realaxing day! Now tomorrow will be a different story with clean up. It never ceases to amaze me as to what 5 kids can do to a house!

No comments:

Post a Comment